I was very flattered to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by a friend of mine, Joan (@joangillen). Follow her on twitter, such a lovely lady.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “Beloved, Dearest or Favorite”.
When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
My 11 Facts:
1. I love coffee. I can’t function well without it.
2. I love reading.
3. I never had a boyfriend and I plan to stay that way.
4. I’m a middle child and I hate it.
5. I love Bears.
6. My favorite color is red.
7. I HATE vegetables.
8. I’m very grateful for my friends on twitter *waves and blow kisses to them*
9. Making other people happy makes me happy (That’s why I chose hospitality industry as my career)
10. I’m 155 cm which means 5 ft 1 inch
11. I love high heels.
Joan’s 11 Questions and My Answers:
1. Would you want to write full time or are you sticking with writing as a hobby or leisure activity?
I’m sticking with writing as a hobby for now.
2. If you could go and visit 3 cities or countries where would it be and why? (Preferably not in the same continent as to where you are living at the moment)
Sydney, Australia – I’d love to see the opera house.
Paris, French – I want to see the Eiffel tower and drink coffee on the sidewalk
Rome and Pisa, Italy – I’d love to see Colosseum and Leaning Tower of Pisa
3. What are the ideal qualities you look for in a partner? (Personality)
Loyal, trustworthy, honest and protective. (a sense of humor would be nice too)
4. What is your pet peeve?
5. Left handed or Right Handed?
6. Is there an inspirational/ book quote or saying that is your favorite or you live by?
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Aesop
7. One piece of technology that you cannot live without at the moment and why?
Blackberry. I tweet, email, facebook, call, browse and listen to music with it.
8. Does your real life friends and family know about your blog and your poetry?
No they don’t. And I really don’t think they care.
9. Can you cook a decent meal? If yes what’s your specialty?
I’m a good cook. I’m famous for my pancake and pasta.
10. What is a perfect weekend for you?
When I can getaway from home and enjoying good book/movies and food.
11. Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate? And what’s your favorite brand?
Milk Chocolate, Toblerone.
My 11 Nominees:
My 11 Questions:
1. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
2. If you wanted to look very sexy, how would you dress?
3. Whom do you admire most? In what way does that person inspire you?
4. What is your most treasured memory?
5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire; after saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
6. Do you believe in true love & soul mates?
7. If a crystal ball would tell you the truth about any ONE thing you wished to know concerning yourself, life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know?
8. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?
9. What has been your biggest disappointment in life? Your biggest failure?
10. Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
11. What do you value most in a relationship?
Thanks for stopping by 😉 xx