Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out—move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan.
But what Alayna didn’t figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous—the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it.
Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull. When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen…
View original post 662 more words
Today we have a really special treat for you. NYT and USA Today Bestselling author (and a favorite around here) Sylvain Reynard interviewed Morgan and Jennifer Locklear who recently published their debut novel, and Bookish Temptations has the honor of sharing it with you 🙂
So without further commentary from me…here you go…
View original post 1,656 more words
For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.
He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.
Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me.Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart.
But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.
View original post 674 more words
While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.
But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.
Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.
View original post 941 more words
Well, it’s been such a wonderful and challenging year for me. I lost a job then I found a new one that allows me to meet some of the most wonderful people in my life, I still have my fantabulous friends around the world and I read a lot of great books this year. I’m thankful for all the things that happened in my life this year, I really do. Goodbye 2013, it’s been fun.
May 2014 filled with new hope, new joy and new beginnings. I also wish for you guys a year full of love and happiness.
Thanks for stopping by 😉 xx
(Please forgive any wrong grammar or structure, it should be noted that English is not my first language.)
Hello, lovely people!
I hope all is well with you guys. It’s been such a long time since I write my last post. Real life got in the way and all (booo). But I miss sharing my love for books with you guys, and I can’t believe we’re just a few days away from the end of 2013! As you know, I read A LOT, but I don’t always choose what’s on the bestseller list. Many of the books I read this year actually came out a few years ago. So here goes my all kind of favorites from what I’ve read this year 🙂
A. Favorite Book Boyfriends
There are a lot of them, believe me. Alas, these five (hot) gentlemen are my top five.
- Liam “Lee” Nightingale from Rock Chick (1st in the Rock Chick series) by Kristen Ashley
- James Cavendish from Up In the Air series by R.K. Lilley
- Parker “Shy” Cage from Own the Wind (1st in the Chaos series) by Kristen Ashley
- Carmine Marcello DeMarco from Sempre: Redemption (2nd in the Forever series) by J.M. Darhower.
- Andrew “Drew” Evans from Tangled (1st in the Tangled series) by Emma chase
B. Favorite Couples
“There is someone for everyone…someone you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with; you just have to be open enough to see it.” This is one of my favorite quotes about couples, but I forgot where I heard that quote from. These following couples are my favorite this year, because they’re great as individuals but invincible as a couple. After all they’ve been through, they are still going strong.
- Hudson Pierce and Alayna Withers from Fixed series by Laurelin Paige
- James Cavendish and Bianca Karlsson from Up In the Air series by R.K Lilley
- Dean West and Olivia West from Spiral of Bliss series by Nina Lane
- Gideon Cross and Eva Trammel Cross from Entwined with You (3rd in the Crossfire series) by Sylvia Day
- Gabriel Emerson and Julia Emerson from Gabriel’s Redemption (3rd in the Gabriel series) by Sylvain Reynard
- Carmine DeMarco and Haven Antonelli from Sempre: Redemption (2nd in the Forever series) by J.M. Darhower
C. Favorite Dirty Talker
These gentlemen make talking dirty sexy, tantalizing and fun (ahem, and a total turn on).
- Gideon Cross from Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day
- Ethan Blackstone from The Blackstone Affair series by Raine Miller
- Kane “Tack” Allen from Motorcycle Man (4th in the Dream Man series)by Kristen Ashley
- Braden Pierce from The Law of Attraction by N.M Silber
- Tatum “Tate” Jackson from Sweet Dream (2nd in the Colorado Mountain series) by Kristen Ashley
D. Favorite Badass Bikers
I never thought I’d like a book with bikers as the hero. Usually I like a clean cut, suit wearing guys. But, these guys have somehow made me fall for them.
- Tatum “Tate” Jackson from Sweet Dreams (2nd in the Colorado Mountain series) by Kristen Ashley
- Jackson from Knight’s Sinner (3rd in the MC Sinners series) by Bella Jewel
- Hopper “Hop” Kincaid from Fire Inside (2nd in the Chaos series) by Kristen Ashley
E. Favorite Billionaires
There’s something about billionaire heroes that attracts me. Maybe it’s their confidence or how they always seem to be able to control things around them. Anyhoo, here’s my favorite billionaires.
- Gideon Cross from Crossfire series by Sylvia Day
- Reese Durham from The Wrong Billionaire’s Bed (3rd in the Billionaire Boys Club series) by Jessica Clare.
- James Cavendish from Up In the Air series by R.K Lilley
- Jace Crestwell from Fever (2nd in the Breathless series) by Maya Banks
- Damien Stark from Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner
F. Favorite Possessive Alpha Males
I just love how these possessive alpha males protect the people that they love especially their woman. And I swear, every time they say “mine”, it made me all tingly inside.
- Gabriel Emerson from Gabriel’s Redemption (3rd in the Gabriel series) by Sylvain Reynard
- Lorenzo “Ren” Zano from Rock Chick Revolution (8th in the Rock Chick series) by Kristen Ashley
- Lucas “Luke” Stark from Rock Chick Revenge (5th in the Rock Chick series) by Kristen Ashley
- Hudson Pierce from Fixed series by Laurelin Paige
- Remington “Riptide” Tate from Real series by Katy Evans
G. Favorite Dominants
I read a lot of books where the main characters perform BDSM lifestyle this year. And here is some of my favorite dom.
- Knight Sebring from Knight (1st in the Unfinished Heroes series) by Kristen Ashley
- James Cavendish from Up In the Air series by R.K Lilley
- Damien Stark from Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner
H. Favorite Secondary Characters
Every book has a secondary character that makes an important contribution to the story. Some of them are so unforgettable that sometimes I wish they got their own book.
- Professor Katherine Picton from Gabriel’s Redemption (3rd in the Gabriel series) by Sylvain Reynard
- Corrado Alphonse Moretti from Sempre: Redemption (2nd in the Forever series) by J.M. Darhower
- Carry Taylor from Entwined with You (3rd in the Crossfire series) by Sylvia Day
- Tex Macmillan from Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley
- Stephan from Up in the Air series by R.K. Lilley
I. Funniest Books
Need some cheer or a good laugh? You should give these books a try. Personally, I find them really funny and they certainly cheer me up.
- The Law of Attraction by N.M Silber
- Tangled by Emma Chase
- A Neighbor from Hell series by R.L Matthewson
J. Favorite Completed Series
I will definitely miss these characters as their stories come to an end.
- Gabriel series by Sylvain Reynard
- Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley
- Sempre / Forever series by J.M. Darhower
- Up in the air series by R.K. Lilley
- Stark trilogy by J. Kenner
K. Just Plain Awesome Books
I read a lot of books this year, and I’m glad that I read each and every one of them. But there are some books that’s just feel special to me.
- Sempre: Redemption (2nd in the Forever series) by J.M. Darhower
- Gabriel’s Redemption (3rd in the Gabriel series) by Sylvain Reynard
- All books written by Kristen Ashley that I have read.
L. Favorite Soundtrack
I discover some of these songs because they were mention in the book; whether it’s the author’s favorite song or inspiration, or because it’s the character’s favorite song, and some of them are just my favorite song that I found suit some book really well. And now, every time I hear them it reminds me of a certain character and/or story.
- 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October reminds me of Sempre / Forever series
- Alright for Now by Tom Petty reminds me of Lucas “Luke” Stark and Ava Barlow from Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley
- Far away by Nickelback reminds me of Gabriel Emerson from Gabriel series by Sylvain Reynard
- Iris by Goo Goo Dolls reminds me of Remington “Riptide” Tate from Real series by Katy Evans
- Holding Out for A Hero by Ella Mae Bowen reminds me of Breath (4th in the Colorado Mountain series) by Kristen Ashley.
So that’s all from me. I you haven’t read any / some of the books that I mention in this post, you should give them a try. One more thing, I would also like to thank the authors for writing those great stories and share it to the world. Your stories really brighten some of my darkest day. Special shout out to Kristen Ashley, to say that I love all your stories is an understatement. If you guys haven’t read her books, you should drop whatever it is you’re doing and start reading them. She has a great taste in music too.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays! 🙂 xx